9.17.2008

next up-aquasize

this week i've tried 2 new things. 2 things that have kicked my butt. in a good way.

at work, my boss gave one of my co-workers a bunch of free 7 day passes to the ritzy gym here in town that she got from our company. sara has been made the fake health coordinator. we've decided to make the most of our free days at the posh place, so sara has it mapped out for us. monday, i tried my hand, or my legs really, at spinning. i think my favorite part was the fact that they turned the lights off so you couldn't see yourself in all the mirrors. my most unfavorite part was the i-want-to-kill-myself-instead-of-cycling repetitive techno crap. the other plus to spinning is that no one has any idea what resistance you are on, thereby making you feel just as cool as the girl who is sweating buckets.

tonight was supposed to be some kind of toning crap. we figured it'd be something with weights. it was that. and a freaking step. i've never done step and truth be told, i have some gym anxiety. i know i must have loooked a bit retarded, but i do believe i got the hang of it the last 20 minutes.

thing that i'm most proud of -not falling off the step

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love your honesty with your gym experience. I didn't realize you could cheat in spinning. I'll have to try that.

Madison Grunig said...

I've heard spinning is really tough! Thank heavens the lights are off. Good for you to go to the gym, but better of you to be so honest about it!

kim said...

Ha ha. I would like the lights turned out, too, so I did not have to look at myself in the mirror.

Anonymous said...

Alicia- don't be modest, you were a champion! And I'm trying to find Monica's fabulous music. Amy would love that for Christmas- don't you think?

DeeAura said...

You are so freaking funny. :) I love and miss you, girl. :)